The Harnack House is located in the center of the “German Oxford” in Berlin, which is characterized by excellent scientific institutions. Established in 1929 as guest house and conference venue of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society in Berlin-Dahlem, it distinguished itself, particularly in the early years, quickly as an international scientific club. It hosted prominent scientists, artists, politicians and industrialists and was place of important political and public events. After its return to the Max Planck Society through the U.S. armed forces, that used the house as an officer’s mess until 1994, it is since 2000 the conference venue of the Max Planck Society.
The conference center offers its guests 70 rooms including suites. Of these, ten high class equipped comfort rooms as well as 6 suites are at the Harnack-Haus and another 54 standard guest rooms in the guest house.
The business center of the Harnack-Haus provides its guests with three PC units, one connected laser printer, internet access and a copier.
The Harnack-Haus is situated in the quiet science quarter of Dahlem in the south of Berlin. It can be easily reached from the city center within 20 minutes by using public transport. Sufficient free parking space is provided directly in front of the house and also in front of the guest house nearby.